Special Passenger Certificate
On any boat carrying fewer than 13 passengers, a crew member must hold a special passenger certificate.
The concept of a passenger boat exists when people are transported or received on board, other than for private use. Members of an association, even when temporarily accommodated, are subject to this regulation.
Cravic-Veillon Boating School offers a 2-day training course to provide you with the essential foundations for passenger safety and to equip you with the necessary measures in emergency situations such as fire incidents, accidental falls, aiding drowning victims, managing water leaks or groundings.
The Boating School travels throughout France, inquire at +33 (0)2 40 12 08 80!
We can adapt the content and arrangements of this training to enable the participation of individuals with disabilities. Please feel free to contact us if needed.
Prerequisite: To attend the training, you must be at least 16 years old.
Supporting documents to be included in the application:
- The completed and signed registration application.
- 1 photocopy of an identification document
- 1 passport-sized photograph
- 1 first aid training certificate (PSC1 or equivalent)
- Certificate of 50-meter freestyle swimming, diving start, and retrieval of an object submerged at a depth of 2 meters.
- 1 medical certificate
- Pôle emploi
- OPCO Mobilités
- Technical rules concerning the stability of passenger boats.
- Emergency response organization.
- Regulation concerning the number of passengers.
- Regulation concerning safety equipment.
- Accident prevention measures.
- Safety for the use of emergency exits and gangways.
- Passenger protection measures.
- Procedures for liaising with emergency services.
Useful links and documents